Apart from ERTE and Social Security unemployment benefit “paro” there are some other benefits you can apply for, as well as contacting a food bank. Benidorm British Business Association runs a food bank for people of all nationalities living in Benidorm; Telephone 603 235 744.

You should make an appointment with your local social worker for council/ayuntamiento help. If you do not live in Benidorm contact your local social worker/ Bienestar centre.

In addition you can claim Help with your Rent from the Generalitat Valenciana

You can claim Ingreso Minimo Vital/ Minimum Living Income if you have lived in Spain for one year.

You will need someone who speaks Spanish to help you apply for these. Help has interpreters that can assist you.

For many benefits you will need volante De empadronamiento unico that shows all household members.

You can also get discount on your electricity bill from Iberdrola, click HERE

Obtaining Volante de Empadronamiento.

Most benefit claims need a volante de empadronamiento, generally the historico with all family members listed on it.

For Benidorm:

You can do it online if you have cl@ve at this link. https://sede.benidorm.org/catalogo-de-servicios

Or in person using link below to make an appointment.


La Nucia and Al Faz do not require appointments to get volante from their town halls.

For Villajoyosa, you can get them from the Casa de Juventud.