BREXIT TIE cards for UK Nationals wishing to exchange their green EU residency card.
to change or not to change that is the question. If you are UK passport holder and have permanent EU green card residencia you do not need to change to the new TIE tarjeta de indentificación de extrranjero. Foreigner´s Identification Card. However it may help with travel visas and official procedures if you do get the TIE.

If you have only a temporary 5 year green EU residencia card you will have to exchange it for a TIE when it is near to expiring.

A gestor can do the application for you. One advantage is they can do the first part (the initial application) electronically so you only need to make one trip to the office to get your finger prints taken and receive your TIE card. It is probably essential if you have never had a green EU residency card. See below.

To apply to exchange your EU resident card for a TIE card if you decide to do it yourself, you need to make an appointment (click appointment).

Choose Alicante province and then POLICIA if you want to exchange you Green EU residencia certificate.

Leave oficina as qualquiera (any office), then you will be given a list of offices with available appointments.

You will see the Brexit option at the bottom of the drop down menu.

If you already have a green residency card either temporary or permanent use form EX23

Before you make appointment there are links to the forms you must fill out to take with you.

For relatives of UK nationals living here on the basis of the UK passport of their relative, there is an option for them under Police.

One tip. To get an appointment, go on line early(7 to 8 am) weekdays when new appointments are released.

Please ask question to Babelia not Help as they are the experts.

When you go to your appointment, make sure you bring the correct supporting documentation which is:

NIE foreigners identification number. If you dont have one you should first make an appointment above with Police to get one.

People not working require proof of income and proof of full health cover with no exclusions or copayments. Proof of income is not required for just exchange of green EU card for TIE

If you have been on the padron for more than a year you can get government cover known as Convenio Especial This costs 60 euros a month under 65 years of age and 157 euros a month over 65.

Documents required to bring to appointment.

· Old green EU resident card

( If you have lost it, you should go to the National Police and make a denuncia and get a letter. In Benidorm you can go to the English speaking tourist police office SATE, Ave. Derramador corner of Calle Gerona opposite Hotel Flash.)

Proof of healthcare cover·

Your padron·

Your passport·

2 photos

Remember to take photocopies of all documents.

· The payment form with proof the payment has been taken. Tasa Modelo 790 codigo 12 click HERE

Fill in the form online. Print it off and take it to your bank to pay, and take receipt with you to the appointment.

Choose option :Certificado de registro de residente comunitario o Tarjeta de residencia de familiar de un ciudadano de la Unión Fee is 12 euros.

You will need a second appointment to take fingerprints and collect the TIE card.

If you have never made a residency application and do not have a green EU resident card use form EX 20


It can be difficult to get appointments if you are not just exchanging a green EU card. You need to use an application form EX 20. It is probably best to consult a gestor.