Benidorm Council has announced a new benefit from 13th Feb for people financially affected by Covid. 3 months aid from 200 to 350 per month.

Apply at :

At the bottom of the above page are the application form and bank details form that you must download and fill in.

Or if you can not do it online you can make an appointment at one of the councils administrative extension offices at: and bring the two forms and documents required with you.

The aid is for 3 months and starts at 200 euros a month to 350 euros, depending on family size. It is available for people who have an income less than 1129,86 a month with increased threshold according to circumstances.
To claim you can not be receiving other benefits: eg PEI, IMV, rent aid from GVA. You must have been on the Benidorm Padron since 31st Dec 2020.
Your income must have been reduced because of unemployment, ERTE, reduced hours or if autonomo to have ceased trading from any period from March 2020 up to date of claim.
If you go to the webpage, at the bottom you must download and fill and sign application and bank detail form, then go to the top of page and Click Iniciar to do the claim online. There is a list of documents to attach. You should attach all of them that is relevant to you. If you cant do it online, fill in the two forms and take them with all relevant documents to an appointment at the council office.

On the online form you should only write in Spanish. egExpone. Estoy en paro, recibo 350 euros al mes.Solicito La Ayuda de Familia.

You have to upload or take with you to the appointment the following documents:

Application form and Bank detail form.

DNI or NIE or Passport of all household members.

Vida Laboral Informe/ Employment history from Social Security. Choose option SMS to use you Telephone PIN.

A certificate of Benefits from SEPE.

Or a letter from your employer stating the amount of ERTE you get.

Proof of family unit eg Libro de Family,

or put explanation why people empadronado in the same home are not a household, eg Flat mates “companeros de piso”.

Evidence of other benefits. Last three months bank statement.Any other certificate of benefits eg UK pensioners a P60.

If anyone has a disability greater than 65% they should include a resolution letter or disabled card.

Obtaining Copy of Empadronamiento in Benidorm

Obtaining Volante de Empadronamiento from Benidorm.
Most benefit claims need a volante de empadronamiento, generally the historico with all family members listed on it.You can do it online if you have cl@ve at this link.

or making an appointment using this link

NB the volante is free, there may be a charge for a certificado.

Social Bonus, Iberdrola Electricity Discount for people on a low income, or large families

Social Bonus. Iberdrola Electricity Discount for Low Income ( Pensioners, Covid Affected,) Also Large Families ie more than 3 children. The account should be in name of claimant (Titular)

It is easy to apply online or at Iberdrola office. On the first page is a chart showing annual income levels below which you can claim. Also when you start to fill it in you will be shown the monthly limits below which you can apply.

You need to be on the regulated variable tariff, Pvpc not on a special deal except for Dia y Noche.

If you are not supplied by Iberdrola you should enquire with your supplier, but if it is a free market tariff you are on, you can not claim this discount bonus.

(If you are receiving UK pension and Attendance allowance, remember that they are paid 4 weekly so you will have to multiply them by 13 and divide by 12 to get the monthly figure.)

The discount is normally 25% (vulnerable) but can be 40% (severley vulnerable) for people on a very low income.
The income limits vary according to family size and special circumstances.

Special circunstances include single parent, disability more than 33% if you have a disability card from Alicante, or Dependency grade 1 or 2 if you have this on an “Informe de salud para reconocimiento de prestaciones sociales)The latter, an assessment of your disability is done by the nurse and doctor at your Health Centre.

Large Families and Pensioners receiving a Spanish pension can get the 25% discount without proving income, but can claim the 40% discount if they fall below the income limits.

Large families with more than 3 children will need a large family certificate to claim.

Remember British pensioners will have to show income with a P60.

Also if you do not have a libro de familia, you will need to get a certificate of Fe de Vida to show you are alive. You can get these from the local registry office, courts (Juzgado) or justice of peace office (Juzgado de Paz)

Obtaining Volante de Empadronamiento from Benidorm.
Most benefit claims need a volante de empadronamiento, generally the historico with all family members listed on it. You can do it online if you have cl@ve at this link.

or making an appointment for using this link ( also for making appointment for other council services except PROP office)

La Nucia and Al faz de Pi do not require appointments to get volante de empadronamiento from town hall. Neither does Villajoyosa, but you get in from the Casa de Juventud.

You have to renew discount every two years apart from Large Families who renew when their large family certificate runs out. There is a separate link for renewals on the main page.

Help Members Donate a Total of 1,130 euros this month to Food Bank of Benidorm’s British Business Association

People living in Benidorm suffering hardship due to Covid can apply to the Food Bank calling 603 235 744.

Help has donated 500 euros from our central funds, also members have made private donations totalling 630 euros.

This includes 130 euros from Andrea Help President and her two friends Carol and Dot ( the Golden Girls) who celebrated a milestone birthday in December and instead of receiving presents asked people to donate cash instead.

There are many people who now after 9 months of Covid are seeing their unemployment benefits reduced drastically or stopped. You can donate to the Food Bank via Facebook pay with a credit/debit card. Go to Facebook BBBA

Financial Help for Working age people affected by Covid.

Apart from ERTE and Social Security unemployment benefit “paro” there are some other benefits you can apply for, as well as contacting a food bank. Benidorm British Business Association runs a food bank for people of all nationalities living in Benidorm; Telephone 603 235 744.

See our page on Financial Covid Aid

You should make an appointment with your local social worker for council/ayuntamiento help.

In addition you can claim help with your rent from the Generalitat Valenciana

You can claim Ingreso Minimo Vital/ Minimum Living Income if you have lived in Spain for one year.

You will need someone who speaks Spanish to help you apply for these. Help has interpreters that can assist you.

Benidorm Council Emergency Financial Help for People in Hardship Due to Covid

Emergency Aid from Benidorm Council for people in financial difficulties due to Covid. This link is for a one off supplementary payment to help out

in a crisis situation such as you are unable to pay the rent, or you have an unexpected large bill.

You can possibly claim other aid from the council.

If you do not speak Spanish you will need someone who does to help you access the benefits.

You aid from the social workers at your local Bienestar located at your local Social Centre.

These are: for the Central Zone Concejalia Social. C. Pintor Lozano. Telephone +34966800931.

Rincon de Loix/Levante. Centro Social La Torreta. C. Cuidad Real. Tel.+34966803033.

Colonia Madrid/Pueblo Poniente. Centro Social Llorca Linares. C. Goya. Tel. +34965867071

Cala Benidorm. Centro Tanit. l Secretario Juan Antonio Baldovi, 5 , Tel. +34965863005.

Other local councils will have similar schemes.

Contact their social work department/Bienestar Social.

Also GVA has a dedicated number to ring 012 wherever you live in the Valencia Region.

Again you will probably need a Spanish speaker to call for you,

Help with paying the rent for people on low income.

The GVA Housing Rental Aid for 2021 Search “TECE GVA”

Our English translation:

This is for people in economic difficulties, due ERTE, unemployment, self employed and others who have seen their income reduce drastically due to Covid.

You can apply for aid backdated to April 2020, but total is only for six months. Maximum 650 per month.

A single person getting less than 3 times IPREM (about 1500 euros a month can apply, provided the rent plus services bill comes to more than 35% of monthly income.

Limits etc depend on size of household, if there is disabled person etc.

Social Security Aid for working age people on low income

Financial Aid from Social Security, Ingreso Minimo Vital. This benefit is available to anyone of working age with low income who has lived in Spain for a year or more and is signed on at PuntLabora/Sepe as demandante de empleo (looking for work). INGRESO MINIOMO VITAL You can claim if your monthly income falls below a threshold, depending on the number of people in your household. For a single person it is 459 euros a month, for a couple with no children it is about 600 euros a month. Raising to over 1,000 euros a month for couples with 3 children, It is designed to top up your benefit to these levels. It does take months to process.

In theory you can do it on a mobile phone or computer, however it is difficult to upload your Residencia NIE on a phone and some PC/laptop browsers, though it seems to work with Firefox. Other documents can be uploaded later if needed

. There is a simulator to see if you are eligible or you can go straight to the application, either with cl@ve or sin certificado. You can apply even if you are getting paro or other earnings as long as they dont exceed the limit. One application should be made for the whole household. You can other members on the form as long as they have lived in Spain for a year. You should be signed on at Punt Labora. If you have never signed on you should make an appointment for first time clicking on 1a Cita. Otherwise you can do the ALTA online with your NIE and telephone PIN code. If you have forgotten it, you can get it sent to the phone you registered with.

UK Nationals Resident in Spain should apply for new UK EHIC and not the new GHIC

New UK EHIC for health cover in EU. The UK has introduced a new Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC)to replace the EHIC card once it has run out. However this is not available to UK residents of EU countries such as Spain. If you are a Spanish resident and have an S1, E121, E106 or E109 you should apply for the new UK EHIC (not the GHIC) at

New Rules Attendance and Carer’s Allowance

No Change to Exportable Benefits such as Attendance Allowance if you have Spanish Residency before 31st December 2020. People already claiming benefits such as Attendance Allowance and Carer’s Allowance from the UK will see no change in their benefits.

New claims can still be made providing you can prove you were a Spanish Resident before 31st Dec 2020. You will have to send a copy of your residency card.

UK Pensions and health care with S1 continue as before Brexit.

However UK nationals taking out Spanish residency after 31st December will no longer be able to claim Attendance Allowance or Carer’s allowance. Source website. More information at :